Saturday, May 26, 2012

FIX FOUNDATION THAT'S TOO LIGHT

In order to get a flawless look, one of the key steps (atleast I think it is) is to make sure your neck, chest...etc. matches with your face. Now, this could be a problem if your foundation is too ASHY, LIGHT, looks too PINKISH, OR WHITE. (ah! like a ghost!) 


This trick might probably work better of people with YELLOW UNDERTONES. If you don't know if you have pink or yellow undertones, then click right below: 
http://tsorain.blogspot.com/2012/05/warm-or-cool-undertones.html





NO OFFENCE to Emily Blunt (she's still really gorgeous!) but if YOUR foundation looks this and your sick of it....here is a trick that will bring the yellowness..or golden 'glow' back to it.

***This has no 'proven' for sure guarantee that this method is gonna work. This method is kind of complicated. So try at your own risk.



So here's my personal story (you can skip to the quick fix if you'd like) 

I am HORRIBLE at picking my foundation shade. In one lighting, I'm one color. Another lighting, I'm another shade. It's tough love. My skin has a olivish - tan shade to it...and it most definetly has yellow undertones. I picked a foundation, which in the bottle looked fine. I bought it home, and tried it in my normal mirror. and it looked fine. And then I was walking somewhere (outside) and I saw my reflection at a car's window....and my face looked like A GHOST. Like my face was SOOO MUCH. LIGHTER. than my body. It was like my whole world collapsed.

THAT'S what I look liked when I spoke to that hot guy at the store? My god. 

So I searched the internet for some help, and a lot of people just suggested putting a much of bronzer on...etc. I did that...but I ended up looking way too dark. but the SHADE or the coolness of the foundation (that was too light) could still be seen. My whole face seemed cool (with the pink undertones from the foundation) but my body was warm...(with the yellow). And honestly, I tried EVERYTHING but I could never get the "YELLOWNESS" or the "nice tan subtle glow" to my face. 

And so this one day (COMPLETELY TRUE STORY) , me and my mom were at the fresh market ( i think) , and I was wandering...in the spices aisle. I was looking through the names and stuff....spices sounding so 'exotic'. And then I looked at TURMERIC. Yeah buddy. You read right. I was just about to look right past it, when the yellow caught my attention. And I connected that to my TROUBLE that's been haunting me for the last few days. I needed something to WARM UP my foundation, bring a nice GOLDEN GLOW to it. And I knew my mom had turmeric at our house too...cause she LOVES. and I mean LOVES spices and exotic food and stuff. 

Once I got home, I searched, and guess what came up on google? : 
http://www.bellasugar.com.au/Thandie-Newton-Adds-Turmeric-Her-Foundation-21448287

 

(I was really happy that other people have actually tried this...and it has worked :) ) 

And what did I do next? Keep reading ;) 


WHAT YOU NEED:

-TURMERIC 



-YOUR FOUNDATION that's maybe too light 


-Maybe some bronzer and blush


WHAT YOU DO:

-The most important thing is to MAKE SURE you do your makeup in NATURAL LIGHTING. What might look 'flawless' in the bathroom, might look completely absurd outside. eg) me looking like a ghost haha :) 

Gather all the makeup you need, get a mirror, and do your makeup in front of a window. If you look flawless in natural lighting...you look AMAZING in other 'colored' lighting...etc. 

I know that not everyone does their makeup when the sun is out..etc. ( I do my makeup at 5 in the morning...when it's still pretty much dark outside). But either way, try using any WHITE LIGHTING. Lamps (most of them) have yellow lighting...which can really alter the shade that you really look. (trust me ..  I know haha). 






-Now just mix a little turmeric in your foundation bottle. You can do this, but maybe for the very first time, try mixing a bit of turmeric with your foundation on top of your hand...so you can decide how much turmeric you really need and what shade you want. Be sure to actually test it on your bare face and blend it in...to make sure you know what shade it really looks like on your face. 






-A little goes a LONG way. Turmeric does stain pretty good, so be sure to use little by littleWhen you mix it in the bottle or on your hand, you might think there's not really much of a difference (atleast I thought). but when you put it on, you can definetly see the yellow from the turmeric. In fact, if you use more than needed, it may look way too yellow...not such a good look.  So keep checking while you add a little more and more, to make sure you don't get too yellow. Be careful! Turmeric can also stain hands/nails real quick...so just be sure to thoroughly wash after your done mixing/applying. :) 



-Other colors. Remember that nobody is just 'yellow'. You have brown, red, yellow, ivory...so much other colors to create your distinct tone. And with this trick, it's real easy to look like your sick. Just with all that yellow. So it's definetly a good idea to incorporate other colors to your skin. Try using some bronzer to bring a little brown back. And maybe even blush, to bring a little 'pink' or 'subtle red' back to your face. 





So yeah(: I hope this helps!


You can probably get turmeric at any store that sells spices (it's pretty common at stores). -(even walmart's got it!) 






btw, I've also heard about adding yellow food coloring to the foundation...but I'm really unsure about that. TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK. I feel turmeric is a better option, because it has more natural, ayurvedic properties :) 





Good luck and take care (: 






MAKEUP TIPS AND TRICKS: http://tsorain.blogspot.com/p/makeup-stuff.html


SKIN CARE TIPS AND TRICKS (and DIY) http://tsorain.blogspot.com/p/skin-care.html


HOW TO: FLAWLESS, NATURAL FOUNDATION LOOK: 
http://tsorain.blogspot.com/2012/05/natural-looking-foundation.html



4 comments:

  1. I have read about this tumeric trick but never tried it as I'm sceptical about getting stained powder clumps on my face... but will try this good thing I'm asian and have all spices at home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog and information. I too have had a many "oh god" moments with my foundation being either too light or orange. So tired of searching for foundations that look so right but are oh so wrong. I'll be trying the turmeric trick. Thanks much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use food colouring - works a treat - just 2 drops into my foundation that was too pink, i now have the best shade ever, I did test a little bit first before i did the whole bottle. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. will this make my foundation expiry faster?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...