Thursday, November 25, 2010

DIY: Make your own lip color

I love trying out different lip colors! I think it's safe to say that every girl has experimented with different lip colors.
And I hate it when you REALLY want to try out a lip color, and you pretty much spend all your allowance on it, and BAM! You discover the color just. doesn't. work. for you.
And I hate that feeling!




Personally, I hate returning makeup, or anything that I have put on my face or things. I know you can return them, but I just never bother to. So I'm stuck with the thing.

Well, my friend came over last Saturday for a sleepover and some scary movies, and we did makeup and all that crazy jazz. Well, we were experimenting, when we found out that we could make our own LIP COLOR!!

What you'll need:

-Vaseline/ Petroleum Jelly
-Plastic Spoon
-Dish/something to mix it on
-super small container (I used a VICKS container to store it in)
-Some kind of pigment ...eyeshadow, other lip sticks...anything (will explain below)

Pigment: Since we need to make the lip color, you need to take out some pigment you have. Eyeshadow, other lip sticks that you haven't ever used, ..anything. However, if you use eyeshadow, which usually come in varieties you have a more..diverse selection to choose from.
And if you have a super dark lipstick or something, you can lighten it this way to make it the color you like.

So, we used some old eyeshadow (make sure it's not expired)

-Squirt some of the petroleum jelly out, about a nickel size

-Mix in the pigment to the point where you like the color, you can mix with a brush, your fingers, or spoon

-Take your spoon and scoop it all up and store it in the container

<<>

And WALA! Your done! You can create nude colors, pink, peach, red...w/e you like!


Here's a little chart so maybe you get an idea of what color you wanna experiment:



I hope that you guys have fun!
Byebye! Hope you guys are having a safe and wonderful fall break!
And don't forget to subscribe!

lOVE :)

P.S. This is safe for your lips! Ha ha ha ! ! And plus, all your regular lip sticks/gloss/stains already have pigments, just the same ole thing, except at home!

2 comments:

  1. i've heard that you can also make your own lip color by smashing fruits together. is that true?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm incredibly sorry I took THIS long.
    Yes, it's true...however it takes more time, and it's just a much more messier thing to do.
    Haha(:

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...