Friday, March 4, 2011

Tell me how to combat dry skin...

I have had dry skin forever!
I have super sensitive skin as well :/

Do you?

If you said yes...then keep on reading.
If you said no, check out this DIY body scrub: http://tsorain.blogspot.com/2011/02/diy-body-scrub.html


Okay, so here are some things I use ... :

-Eucerin Plus Intensive Moisturizer
-Dove Beauty Bar (White)
-Jergens ultra healing lotion
-Pure and Gentle wipes
-Petroleum Jelly
-My DIY body scrub of olive oil & sugar, check it out: http://tsorain.blogspot.com/2011/02/diy-body-scrub.html


I use all these things here and there, but on a good pampered day, this is what I do:

-First, I try to cleanse well with the Dove Beauty Bar

-Then, take a good load of time to rub my whole skin with the DIY scrub

-I get out of the shower, and on my body, I slather on the Jergens Ultra Healing lotion

-On my face, the Eucerin

-Then I allow everything to soak in just a little bit, and then I apply petroleum jelly all over, to lock all that moisture, so my skin will stay soft for about 3 days!


But there is a NUMBER ONE secret to combating dry skin...:

Olive Oil.



Olive oil was used by the Ancient Romans and Greeks, and many more. They would use it has a cleanser, face mask, face moisturizer, hair mask, and even conditioner. Cleopatra used to bathe in olive oil 3 times a day to keep her skin supple and healthy.

Sometimes, instead of putting on Eucerin and Jergens, I just slather Extra Virgin olive oil all over my body. It leaves my skin amazingly smooth...for about 2 days! I also sometimes put in petroleum jelly to lock it in.

I used to use Pure Olive Oil, but then I realized that Extra Virgin olive oil has better properties and is better, so I started using that. So, try using Extra Virgin, because it is not refined, it's completely the TRUE pure. But if you can't, regular olive oil is fine also.


I hope this helps you guys!
Try experimenting with different things, but be careful also!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...