Saturday, July 31, 2010

Baking Soda and Water to make jewelry shine!

Hiiyaa(: Well ya know how everyone of us girls have imitation...or "fake" or jewelry that's cheap and ... not silver, bronze, copper, gold ... ya know. Well, so I decided that I was gonna wear my long dangly earrings that was imitation, but when I finally found in my jewelry box, no joke, but it really looked like copper! It was reddish brownish, and there was no way that I would wear that.

I have to go to a birthday party tomorrow, and I was planning to wear the earrings tomorrow to match my outfit. The earrings would complete the look, and now I had "copper" earrings, that most definetly did not complement my outfit. So, I was helpless, until I told my mom; and she suggested washing them with baking soda.

So, I did, and it worked wonders! It was like copper --> shiny!! Try this with all your jewelry so they can shine like diamonds once again! (well...not like diamonds exactly ...)

"Hey Bruh, this is what you need man!" :

-baking soda
-water
-used/old toothbrush (preferably a kid's one)


That's what you'll need! Now, rush to your kitchen (well don't rush, take your time :) ), and get your baking soda and water. Now, you might be surprised of how much baking soda you'll need; but if you have a lot of stuff to clean, get a LOT! Don't mess with the water just yet. Now, just take a spoon and mix the baking soda ... with itself. Now, open the tap water, and be really careful of how much you will use; because a little more water can ruin the mixture. Just add a spoon of water and mix it with the baking soda. If it's still chunkier, then add another spoon of water. Now, it should look kinda watery, but when you ruin it with the spoon, it should be kinda gooey.

Now take your old toothbrush and dip it in the mixture and start rubbing hard on the jewelry. It's gonna take some time, so scrub it thoroughly!

They say that you should brush your teeth sometimes with baking soda once in a while to whiten it, and I was thinking if it can do this to like almost brown earrings, then our teeth would be like SPARKLING GEMS!! I haven't tried it yet, but if I do, I will be most definitely posting!

Anyways, that's it for now(: Do this when you see your jewelry is not in it's best shape, it will make it SHINE!!

Bye; Take Care

-Ellie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...